Long Term Home Care Services
Long Term Home Care in the Verde Valley
What is Long Term Care?
When you or your loved one are unable to perform daily activities on your own, you may require long-term care. That includes activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, transferring, and using the bathroom. In long term care, the goal is to aid you in maintaining your quality of life as you age.
An individual may require long-term care due to accidents, illnesses, aging, stroke, or other chronic conditions. Long-term care affects the entire family, not just the individual in need of care. It may be beneficial to your relationship if, for example, your child takes care of you.
However, providing such care for others can be time-consuming, stressful, and exhausting. As a result, they are also distracted from their own obligations, such as their children, their spouses, and their jobs.
Benefits of Long Term Care
- Long-term home care services give elderly persons the opportunity to remain in their homes and communities where they have lived for many years with their families.
- Long term in home care services allow elderly persons to live with dignity, independence and security by helping them perform activities of daily living such as cooking, cleaning and dressing. Caregivers will be able to assist the elderly person when they are unable to prepare meals or bathe themselves. Many older adults desire to maintain the independence they have enjoyed throughout their lives. In-home Caregivers allow them to live that way by helping complete daily chores and tasks around the house.
- Long-term in home care services can help elderly individuals avoid expensive nursing homes by preventing or delaying the need for skilled nursing care.
- Long term care services can help elderly persons who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or degenerative disease remain in their homes as long as possible, instead of being forced to move into a facility due to the advanced stage of their condition.
- Long-term in home care services can simply provide elderly persons with some companionship, support and security so they remain independent, comfortable and safe in their own homes for as long as possible. Long term health aides can provide support, encouragement and companionship to older adults who may be feeling lonely or depressed because of being alone in their homes. Long-term home health aides will also be able to check on the elderly person on a daily basis to ensure that they are safe, well-fed and comfortable.
Getting Started with Long Term Care
Caring Hearts of Sedona offers long term home care services to help your loved ones remain independent, while keeping you connected to your loved ones as they are surrounded by the comforts of home.
If you, a loved one, or someone you care about needs long term home care to live independently in their own homes, please call us right away.